Peer Educators Committed to Empowering WFU Students to Make Positive Wellbeing Decisions and Live Healthy Lifestyles!
Wake Forest University P.E.E.R.S is student-led, and offers training and educational, awareness, and outreach programs in several areas that are critical wellbeing of college students. Wake Forest University P.E.E.R.S. offers four Peer Group for student involvement:
- Alcohol and Other Drug Misuse Prevention
- Nutrition and Mindful Consumption
- Student Education and Empowerment for Invisible Disabilities
- Student Mental Health Ambassadors
Peer Educator Guidelines
- Complete 16 hours of basic training to become a Nationally Certified Peer Educator (Training to be held on December 10th and 11th, 2016 8am-6pm)
- Attend at least one student organization workshop hosted by the Office of Student Engagement per semester
- Commit to at least one academic year of membership
- Participate in a minimum of 25 hours of outreach/program activities per semester including 1) Peer Group initiated programs & 2) Office of Wellbeing programs
- Represent the Wake Forest University P.E.E.R.S. well; act and dress in a professional manner when working as a peer educator
- Attend annual booster training for returning Peer Educators
Benefits of Being a WFU Peer Educator
- Make a difference in the health and wellbeing of the WFU community through purposeful educational and advocacy efforts
- Become a Nationally Certified Peer Educator
- Access to funding to host Peer Group programs
- Opportunity to attend the BACCHUS Initiatives of NASPA General Assembly (Peer Education) conference
- Specialty trainings for corresponding Peer Groups including: The Body Project, Stress Management, Healthy Relationships, Resilience & Self-compassion, and TIPS – Training for Intervention ProcedureS.
- Access to continued education and professional development including 1) presentation and public speaking skills, 2) health promotion and wellbeing education and advocacy, 3) program development, and 4) program evaluation
- Official WFU Peer Educator swag
If you are interested in learning more about the WFU Certified Peer Educator program, please contact email@example.com.